What is a Google Ads Specialist? Everything You Need to Know
Advertising on Google exposes companies to potential customers at the right time. But mess this up, and it can mean devastating results. You will be paying more for clicks that are unlikely to convert to leads.
Whether lead generation or eCommerce, keeping track of online advertising data is crucial to the bottom line. A Google Ads Specialist is someone who helps businesses do just that.
What Does a Google Ads Specialist Do?
A Google Ads Specialist is responsible for creating and managing Google ad campaigns for businesses.
This includes tasks such as:
- Research keywords that potential customers are using to search for products or services like those offered by the business.
- Creating ads that users see when searching for those keywords on Google or YouTube. Display ads can also appear on other privately owned websites.
- Setting up and managing budgets for the campaign to maximize return on investment.
- Tracking the performance of the campaign and making changes to improve results.
The primary services offered are planning, setting up, and managing Google ad campaigns. Additionally, they may set up website landing pages and create email campaigns.
Account-Based Marketing Steps
There are many platforms that a Google Ads Specialist might use to help businesses with their online presence. Besides the Google Ads platform, they might also use:
- Google Analytics: To track the performance of ad campaigns and website traffic
- Google Search Console: Assists in improving the visibility of a website in Google search results
- WordPress: For designing and setting up landing pages
- Email Services: To create email marketing campaigns
The ad manager must also have specialized skills to tie all these together; let’s look at those next.
What Skills and Certifications Does a Google Ads Specialist Need?
In conjunction with being well-versed in the various software platforms listed above, an ad manager should have the following personal skills too:
- Analytical: To monitor campaign performance and make changes to improve results
- Creative: To create compelling ads that capture the attention of potential customers
- Communication: To explain campaign results and make recommendations to clients
- Organizational: To manage multiple campaigns at once and keep track of deadlines
When you work with a certified Google Ads Specialist, you can be confident that they have the experience and knowledge needed for success.
Although not a requirement, getting certified by Google shows that an ads specialist has advanced knowledge and experience. Currently, Google offers six different ad certifications. They include:
- Google Ads Search
- Google Ads Display
- Google Ads Video
- Shopping Ads
- Google Ads Apps
Since Google requires yearly recertification, you can be confident that Peak To Peak Marketing continues to have relevant skills.
Benefits of Hiring a Google Ads Specialist
The Google Ads platform is complex, and it can be challenging to get good results without assistance from a professional who knows what they’re doing. Here are our top six reasons why having one on your team can be advantageous.
Improved Campaign Performance
A specialist has the skills and knowledge needed to improve the performance of your campaign, resulting in more leads and sales. Without these specializations, a company could make costly mistakes while advertising.
Increased Visibility and Brand Awareness
Properly executed ad campaigns increase the visibility of your website, sending interested customers your way.
Planning and managing ad campaigns can be overwhelming for a business owner. An ads specialist frees up your time to focus on other aspects of your business.
Increased Traffic and Sales
Naturally, effective ad campaigns will increase traffic and sales. Without knowing the best methods to achieve these goals, a business could be wasting time and money on ads that aren’t working.
A Trusted Partner
Google Ads are constantly changing and evolving. A Google Ads Specialist will keep you up to date on the latest changes and how they might impact your campaigns. They can also offer expert advice on how to take advantage of new features.
Knowledge and experience bring a better return on investment for your ad spend.
As you can see, handing your ad management over to a professional can take away a lot of doubt and stress relating to running ad campaigns.
Want to run a profitable campaign for your business? Are you not seeing the results you’d hoped for? Consider hiring a professional.
We are Google Ads Specialist and have been certified professional who creates compelling ads that capture the attention of potential customers. We also have experience and knowledge in managing multiple campaigns at once, communication, and organization.
Get Your Free Snapshot Report
Comprehensive online presence, reviews and reputation report.
A Few Of Our Client Verified Reviews