Online video marketing is now a necessary part of marketing for connecting with your prospective customers and followers, fans and customers. It provides the medium to create the rapport with your customers, prospects and prospective customers.
What are the advantages of online video marketing? The biggest is that you can reach all types of peoples learning styles.
Connect with people and the three learning styles:
Visual people: Learn by seeing
Auditory people: Learn by listening
Kinesthetic people: They like to touch and feel, this is great for teaching and showing for demonstrations on how to do something.
Online video marketing is SEO’d with the Keywords that are tagged to the videos.
10 Tips for making online video marketing.
1. Equipment: Consider using the Flip Video Camcorder or the Kodak Z1 HD. They are small camcorders that can shoot a few hours of high-definition video, usually less that $200. They are easy to use, plug-in directly into any USB port and even includes editing software to get you up and running quickly.
2. Stop worrying about being perfect: Take many takes and you will get more confident and comfortable with the process. Determine the key points, write them out where you can see them as reference, rehearse and then speak to your customers and prospective customers from your heart. Your confidence will grow as you get more comfortable in front of the camera.
3. Keep it Short: Your prospective customers want to know who you are, what you do and, most importantly, what’s in it for them. So give them the message in less than Five minutes. Often, 60 to 90 seconds can be enough. You have the first 10-30 seconds to get their attention.
4. Include a Call to Action: If you want clients to call you or click on a link, then ask them to do so. You can also ask them to sign up for your e-mail list. Your video must be focused on what’s in it for them. Tell them why you are going to solve their issue. Then prompt them to take the action you want them to take.
5. Make Your Online Video Marketing Visible: It must be on the first page of your website. I ideally above the fold. Meaning visitors shouldn’t have to scroll down to view it.
6. Determine Whether You Want Your Video to Begin Playing Automatically: ( The video here is not automatic) When your customers (or prospective customers) visit your website, do you want your video to play automatically? Your decision comes down to the behavior of your customers. If you’re selling a “one off” and customers will only visit your website once to purchase, then a video that plays automatically might work just fine. However, if your customers visit your website multiple times, you may want to consider having your video play on demand, as an automatically playing video could irritate them and make them leave.
7. Include Your URL at the End of Your Online Video: It’s a great way to get additional exposure online, especially if you are posting it to YouTube or Viddler, as there are millions of viewers on these sites. Make sure your URL is in a larger font, and place it at the bottom middle for better viewing and exposure. There are also tools like JW Player which allow you to post you video off your hosting server.
8. Upload to Multiple Sites at Once: Uploading your video to all of the video sites available can be time-consuming. There are paid tools and services you can use to upload your video to multiple video sites simultaneously. Traffic Geyser is an excellent one. There are also free sites, such as TubeMogul. A TubeMogul account tracks the number of views, clicks and comments on your video. TubeMogul system allows you to track other video, this is a good competitive tool.
9. Name Your Video Correctly: Your title should be something that matches what your customers are looking for and a keyword that you want ranking for. For example, if you are selling books, then “Today’s Best Recipes” would be a better title choice than “TBR.mov”. The keyword helps the search engines index your video easier.